Today I took Zoie and Isaac on a bike ride to the store, on our way we had to cross a busy street and I pulled over to walk my bike across the cross walk. As I started to cross a truck started to pull across the road also, I looked past this truck and could see cars coming toward us. It was just after this that I noticed that this truck wasn't pulling past me, it was driving right along with me as I walked. This touched me with the kindness of the act, a few pedestrians have been hit recently in crosswalks in rexburg and this kind truck driver was driving along beside me so that in the off chance one of the cars coming didn't see us we would still be safe. It was a small act but it meant a lot to me.
After crossing this street we got to the store and I got Zoie and Isaac out of the bike trailer and took them into the store. As I did this Zoie started screaming and crying and I didn't know why, I was caring Isaac and so sort of pulled Zoie along to get her into the store with me. That's when I actually paused to listen to what she was saying, "Pacifier, Pacifier" I looked out the window of the store and say the pacifier laying in the parking lot. I felt bad for ignoring Zoie and was glad that she cared so much for Isaac and his things. I let her go out and she got it and came back and was happy. Thanks Zoie.
After these things happened today I got to thinking about all of the good deeds I see every day and how grateful I am for good people. So thanks all you good deed doers!
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Fun post. Those small things make a huge difference. Thanks for the reminder to pause and be grateful for small acts of kindness.
thanks for your example Kristen, I am going to pay closer attention to deed doers and be one too :)
This is how I know that I still have leftover pregnant hormones: your story made me teary eyed... people can be so great sometimes!! And it reminded me of how much I miss broulims, and the time Mik had a meltdown and the manager carried her around the store for me while I shopped!
Post a Comment