Friday, April 3, 2009

Funnie Kids


Having children has been such a blessing in my life. Zoie and Isaac bring so much joy into our home. I have been thinking of all of the funny things that happen in my life because of them. When I first had my baby I pictured spooning heaping spoon fulls into happy mouths, what I didn't realize is that babies flail around and so we still have the happy mouths but the happy mouths are covered in cereal as are the walls and the floor and me. My hand gets whacked away at least once a meal and I end up with globs of cereal all over. Combine that with a baby who loves to blow raspberries (don't ask me why it is called that) and its no wonder I cant see out of my glasses by the time dinner is over.

Another funny part of being a parent is this. I don't know why but Zoie has recently decided that its sleep free or bust. What you see here was a regular occurrence until we started having accidents in the bed and I ran out of clean sheets. to make clear what happened, Zoie would go to bed clothed and come out like this. So I decided to get smart, I put her to bed the next day in a onesie, when I went into get her up she had her pants off and her diaper off with her onsie still buttoned, talk about a little Houdini. We than decided to take more drastic measures, Zoie than started going to bed with the onsies buttoned over her pants, or her swimming suit on if no onsies could be found. So far we have won the battle but I doubt we have won the war.


Next we have Carrot Boy! Who is this hero of the night you ask, we are still trying to figure it out ourselves. At breakfast one day Zoie started talking about Carrot Boy, we didn't know where that came from but now we think that it has to do with Veggie tales but other than that we don't know. I love hearing things like this though, I wrote about happy cake last time and it makes me smile each time Zoie sayes something like this.


Here is a Movie of Zoie coloring with her toes and Isaac smiling for the camera.

3 comments:

Janelle & Brandon said...

We have the same problem with Kolby always taking off his diaper, we have started putting his blanket sleepers on backwards, or putting a safety pin underneath the zipper, so far this has worked.

Tonya said...

How funny! I'm glad you are winning the fight so far, and I wish you luck!! It's funny how kids come with their own wars- Zoe pulls off her diaper, and Jackson just digs in his yet they outcome is the same-- lots of laundry:) I loved the coloring too. I wonder what Jackson would do if I put crayons in his toes:)

The Special K's(0: said...

It must be a universal kid thing 'cause we have that problem too! We make sure her potty is accessible and tell her if she doesn't like her night/nap diapers wet to go ahead and sit on the potty when she has to. It's helping a little, but sometimes she just gets bored or hot and wants to play with the diaper. I've gone in only to discover her wearing a brand new hat courtesy of pampers, lol. Good luck!