Wow I cant believe we have been living in Washington for 3 months now! Time goes by so fast! We have done a lot of fun things this summer so far and so hopefully all of my stories will make sense.
One of my first weeks in my new ward we had a lesson in relief society and in the lesson we were talking about family and the lady giving the lesson said something that I have been trying to incorporate into my life. She said that life is going to give us stressful situations and we need to try to find what is funny about that situation and laugh about it.
That very next week I went with a few girls that I met in the ward to this petting Zoo. I had the talk with the children before we left and they gave me their solemn promises that they would do exactly as I said. I think that we may have short term memory loss because we weren't even out of the car when things started to get a little crazy. The other girls I was with have small children also and as we walked into the petting zoo things were going ok. The door shut and they were off. Isaac ran to the nearest cage and started shouting and banging on it and it went like this for quite some time. We saw the whole petting zoo in about 5 min. The rest of the children were taking there time and cooing at the cute little bunnies and goats and chickens. As I was chasing Isaac around I noticed Zoie wasn't near and as I searched for her I saw that she was standing at the gate freeing the goats. I rushed to her and some of the ladies helped herd the goats back into the petting Zoo. It wasn't fun at the time and I think that when I got home I made a solemn vow to myself never to leave the house again, but now looking back it was kinda funny.
Our next adventure occurred at the ward party. We were at a lake house and they had some beach out back that the kids could play in. The kids had their swim stuff but Nathan and I did not. Zoie and Isaac rushed to the water to play and Isaac kept on rushing until he was in too deep. I jumped into the lake and saved him. After that we got life jackets for the kids and now they both wear them 24/7 just in case.
One of my first weeks in my new ward we had a lesson in relief society and in the lesson we were talking about family and the lady giving the lesson said something that I have been trying to incorporate into my life. She said that life is going to give us stressful situations and we need to try to find what is funny about that situation and laugh about it.
That very next week I went with a few girls that I met in the ward to this petting Zoo. I had the talk with the children before we left and they gave me their solemn promises that they would do exactly as I said. I think that we may have short term memory loss because we weren't even out of the car when things started to get a little crazy. The other girls I was with have small children also and as we walked into the petting zoo things were going ok. The door shut and they were off. Isaac ran to the nearest cage and started shouting and banging on it and it went like this for quite some time. We saw the whole petting zoo in about 5 min. The rest of the children were taking there time and cooing at the cute little bunnies and goats and chickens. As I was chasing Isaac around I noticed Zoie wasn't near and as I searched for her I saw that she was standing at the gate freeing the goats. I rushed to her and some of the ladies helped herd the goats back into the petting Zoo. It wasn't fun at the time and I think that when I got home I made a solemn vow to myself never to leave the house again, but now looking back it was kinda funny.
Our next adventure occurred at the ward party. We were at a lake house and they had some beach out back that the kids could play in. The kids had their swim stuff but Nathan and I did not. Zoie and Isaac rushed to the water to play and Isaac kept on rushing until he was in too deep. I jumped into the lake and saved him. After that we got life jackets for the kids and now they both wear them 24/7 just in case.
In lew of being to wordy I will end this for now. Tune in next time for more harrowing adventures in Washington!! dun dun duuuun (but before I let you go I've got to explain these cool pictures!!)
Last weekend Nathan and I took the kids to Fort Casey on Widby Island. this was a fort operational from 1900-1917 during WW1. The fort is open for us to explore and we had a lot of fun climbing in the bunker and exploring the light house that sat near the fort.

No comments:
Post a Comment