Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Why do our children allways barf on trips?






So our trip started like any other trip, we got up early and were all packed into the car on time. We started our drive and as seems to happen to us on a regular basis Zoie THRU UP! We hadn't even made it to Driggs, I turned around and saw it happening about the time Nathan stared dry heaving out the window. Zoie started screaming, which I cant blame her cause that is probably what I would do if I barfed on myself, and Nathan drove like a crazy person almost rear ending a truck on his expeditious way to a gas station. My dad was cozy in the back totally oblivious to all that was going on around him even though Zoie was screaming "I BURPED IT" at the top of her lungs and Nathan was dry heaving out the window. We got to the gas station and Nathan forcefully ejected himself out of the car (which was my parents car Luckily for me, unluckily for them cause now they have to drive cross country to Illinois in a car smelling like barf) just as Zoie discovered she had something unmentionable on her finger and wiped it on the car door.
We proceeded to strip Zoie in the parking lot which she didn't appreciate much and run her into the bathroom for a swift wash in the sink. Luckily I remembered I packed extra pants for Zoie because she is potty training, so when she was done with her little wash I pulled out the emergency pants. We had no shirt though so we swiped Isaac's jacket which was too small and showed off her tummy but it worked for the moment. While I was doing this dad got an air freshener which we hung above Zoies seat and we proceeded the rest of the trip uneventfully in a car smelling of pine and barf.

3 comments:

Mrs. Mandy said...

too funny...isnt' that the way it goes? I hope it was fun regardless of your crazy adventures of pine and barf!

Tonya said...

how sad! could she be getting carsick? I'd look into that! I get carsick real easily (like within 5-10 minutes of a trip sometimes). Just a thought. Good luck and congrats on starting to potty train- we're starting this coming week!

Tonya said...

hey we just went private, email your email address to tbing08@live.com and I'll add you!