Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Happy New Year
I was looking at Jen and Aaron's blog and they did sort of a year over view and I thought that that was a really good idea so here is my attempt. New years last year was spent playing games with Katie and Tim Howell and we were having so much fun that we missed the turn of the new year by about 45 min, needless to say that this New years we were a little more on top of the time thing. So anyway we started of the year with the news that we were going to have another little baby and spending Christmas at my families place in Illinois it was hard to keep our happy news a secret but we managed. We finally told everyone about the baby at about 12 weeks along and they were so happy with us. While I was going through the pregnancy Zoie had her first birthday where she shoved cake and ice cream in her face with all the relish and abandon of a one year old. Her cousin Omni than celebrated her first birthday about three months later and we were able to be there with them to celebrate. Nathan spent the winter in school working hard on passing his classes as well as advancing his guild wars characters and playing with his new wii that he got for Christmas. Blackers was his job but it seemed that management was determined to make everyone's lives miserable and so in April Nathan decided to see if he could get a job with Tim Howell working at UPS. He was hired in June and worked there and on grounds through the summer. while Nathan was at school in the winter I worked on finishing my internship with the city of Rexburg Parks and Rec. Throughout the three months I worked there I helped get the Marathon and the Triathlon together. I than was finished in April and received my Bachelors in Recreation Leadership with a miners in Geography soon after. summer saw Zoie and I outside almost everyday and I got the best farmers tan I think that I have ever had. We made a lot of new friends with many of the other mothers and children in the complex and had a wonderful summer. In June Zoie and I went to the Rexburg Airshow and Zoie has loved planes since. I was pregnant throughout the summer and it was hot but than Isaac was born and our lives were changed again. he was born at 12:13pm August 27 2008 just one long week after his due date. This put him just over 18 months younger than Zoie. Bringing him home was hard work but luckily my wonderful mother came and helped out for two weeks and in that time I was able to adjust to the changes again. Zoie welcomed her new little brother into our home fairly well and has learned to love him I think. She still only calls him Baby but we have hopes that some day she will call him Isaac(hehe). The fall semester came quickly after Isaac was born and Nathan plunged once again into mounds of homework and school. He had many hard classes and struggled to get everything done but came out in the end proud of all his work and all that he learned. Work for him at UPS skyrocketed after Thanksgiving and saw him loading trucks at as early as 1:30am. I don't know how he did it but we are all very grateful for all he did. During the fall Zoie and Isaac and I went to a Toddler Group with people from the complex and had tuns of fun. We as a family also started having Family home evenings with our friends from the ward the Browns and the Englishes. At these FHE's we learned many new games like Munchkins, Hero scape, Blockis and Bohnanza. For the close of the year we spent Christmas here and Nathan and I were able to escape to Lava for our third anniversary. We spent two days marinating and relaxing while Nathans family was kind enough to watch our children. Christmas was fun and we hosted a White Elephant exchange at our apartment with some friends and than had another one with Nathans family on Christmas eve. Christmas day brought a snow storm that closed roads in much of Southeast Idaho but didn't keep us from going to Nathans parents house to play games. Finally New years was spent playing games with friends and we didn't miss the turning of the year this time although Zoie and Isaac did, and will for a few more years. That was our 2008 in a nutshell, Enjoy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Can you believe how fast it goes? Life sure changes in a year. I liked your year re-cap. Crazy that last year during this time Isaac was just a little cashew in your tummy.
So true, It really is amazing how time flies. I was looking at your pictures of Maddie and she has grown so much (and gotten more hair too,hehe)
Post a Comment