Monday, April 30, 2012

Sunbeams

So you know how in Africa there are many wild animals, right?  and the unwritten law of the jungle is survival of the fittest? Well folks I am here to tell you that yesterday I experienced it right here just north of Seattle.

 Earlier in the week I was called to be a helper in primary and so on Sunday I entered the unknown  jungle of sunbeams.  I am a helper of little Isaacs class and as the chairs surrounding Isaac and I were slowly filled with the other boys of the sunbeam class I thought to myself "I can do this". 

Sharing time started and that is when the excitement began.  the little boys so quiet and well behaved at the beginning started to fidget.  Fidgeting turned into squirming and in one little boys case to dodging the teacher while running circles around the room.

It was on, who would prevail?  As the other teacher and I tried to contain the growing restlessness and frustration grew, it truly was survival of the fittest.  In the end we decided to cut our losses and take the little boys to the classroom.  Upon arriving we acquired a secret weapon!  A parachute with gold was lowered into our exhausted hands.  We had finally received something that would tame the wild natures of these 3 year old boys!

PRETZELS!!!!

They came like a blessing from above! And soon all that could be heard was the munching of satisfied children.  After that the day much improved and we were able to send the happy children home to their loving families. 

No comments: