SO the other day I was at home with the kids and it is January and has been snowing nonstop for the last two months or so. Being stuck in the house all the time was making us all go a little crazy so I decided we needed to get out. I went to the porch and chizzled the stroller from Mt Everest and took it out front and set it up. I got the kids in with blankets piled on top and a slice of bread each to feed the ducks at the park and we were off.
The going was pretty good even considering my tires were a little flat and the road was snowy. We got to the park and started the loop that would lead us around th park to the ducks and that was when the going started getting ruff. I pushed the stroller over the bridge and onto icy snow. After that it was a battle to keep the stroller and myself upright as I chugged along.
We finally made it to the duck part and as we rounded the bend I could see about 50 ducks/giant farm geese all clumped together, that should have been our first warning. We walked over to them and I got out the two slices of bread, that was our second mistake only bringing two slices of bread for so many. I pulled out the bread and all the ducks and geese stared waddling as fast as they could in our direction. I didn't want them to get to close to me and the kids so I tore off a few pieces and tossed them to the mass. The mass didn't stop in their one minded progress with the giant farm geese honking and flapping in the front.
And that is the point where I promptly tossed the two whole slices of bread and ran with the geese in hot pursuit. They wouldn't call off the chase until I showed them the bag that had had the bread than luckily they called it off a bit.
At about that time a car drove up with an older lady and her grandchild and they had bread for the ducks. They asked if we were done and I said we were and had been afraid that once the ducks ran out of bread they would eat us. The lady laughed and pulled out some bread to toss. Just than a big goose came and almost jumped into her car through the window. She rolled up her window lickity split and would only roll it down just enough to toss some bread. Me and the kids watched from a safe distance and the kids laughed when they tossed big chunks and the geese would spear the bread on their beaks and split with about 20 ducks on their tails. It was quite exciting.
Our outing turned out to be fun and we went home feeling not as caged. It was exciting.

2 comments:
LOL! I can just imagine you running away from the geese trying to push that stroller. haha, what a mom does for some sanity ;)
So funny! I guess the ducks are going insane too!
Post a Comment