So If you have been over to our house at all in the last 5 months you have probably seen our cute little goldfish. Zoie and Isaac love the goldfish and while we are eating dinner Zoie will usually ask to hold it. Anyway over the last year and a half or so we have had this fish and recently it has been acting sort of crazy. It will spend days swimming upside down and even swim in loops and twists. I think that it was just getting to the end of the gold fish lifespan. So a few days ago he took a turn for the worst and would just lay at the bottom of the tank, I didn't think much of it cause he has done that before. Today was different though, we finally had to lay him to rest in the big toilet bowl in the sky.
I went to clean the Beta fish tank and noticed that the gold fish was dead. Zoie was in the kitchen with me and watched as I got the fish out. I took it into the bathroom and when Zoie noticed what I planned she got really upset. I dropped the fish into the toilet and Zoie started screaming "NOOOO DON'T FLUSH THE TOILET" as the fish settled to the bottom. It was heartbreaking and so I took Zoie into the living room to have a chat. We tried to explain that the fish had died but that didn't work so we told her that he was like Nemo and needed to go to the ocean. This calmed her a little but she was still sad. Nathan took her into the bathroom and we all said our farewells to the goldfish, than Nathan pulled the plug. It was a somber occasion in the bathroom this morning. After the flushing Nathan asked "Zoie, do you need to go pottie" to which she replied "NO" in a horrified tone, no doubt thinking of going potty on our recently deceased fishy friend. It is still up in the air as to whether she will ever use our toilet again.

3 comments:
Oh no! Bless for Zoie's sweet heart! I had a fish like that, I called him my little circus fish, 'cause he would do these neat sommersaults and stuff, but then I realized he was dieing. *D'oh!* So what I learned (for future) is that some times fish develope a problem with their swim bladder, and start floating all crazy and can't really control themselves very well. If you give them half of a frozen pea in the water, or a slive of zuchini or a piece spinach, it'll usually help it to clear up. Foory fishy fish. He's in a better place now(0; Good luck getting Zoie to use the potty!
Lol,Wow! Can't spell tonight, lol, hopefully some of that will make sense!
Thats cool about the pea, I will have to remember that in the future!
Post a Comment